Saturday, September 20, 2008

Do you ever smell it?

SMELL OF RAIN.

Written by Colin Immelman.

What do I enjoy more than a warm, sunny day?
A cool, soft evening breeze, carrying a hint of rain.
Draw deep on each scented breath,
For it carries the smell of rain, oh so fresh!

I love the sudden, powerful rush of a shower,
Making me aware of God Almighty’s endless and immeasurable Power.
Or the soft pitter patter of tiny drops on the roof,
Of His gentleness again, a barely audible proof.

Rainwater into the gutter, a soft humming and splatter,
Now you know what to me really matter?
That with every drop He sends us so fair,
Is a message from Him: “I love you all and really, I do care!”

So I say, “Thank You Dear Lord, every drop for us You can spare,
For we need it to keep our earth from being dry and bare.
Coz rain keeps everything on earth alive,
Oh Lord, for without it, You know, we cannot survive.
Amen.”
http://pinewoodcolinimmelman.blogspot.com

11 comments:

pRiYaN...! said...

gr8 blog presenting dese poems !


-bluffmaster

www.gr8bluffmaster.blogspot.com

Olivier Franconetti Benamor said...

Yeah!!!...

Triana!

Unknown said...

Beautiful poem! :)

kanishk said...

this poem is awesome

lise charmel

hamba said...

I read your poem... visit me back.. don't forget to kiss my ads...thanks..
http://mypoem-hamba.blogspot.com

Tuesdai Noelle said...

Very sincere and sweet :) I like it. Happy weekend :)

Unknown said...

hey continue writing poems these are good

ellie said...

Very unique descriptions. All the best on your writing.

Sophia's Lover said...

Romeo and Juliet"

A love-struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade
Laying everybody low with a love song that he made.
Finds a streetlight, steps out of the shade
Says something like, "You and me babe, how about it?"

Juliet says, "Hey, it's Romeo, you nearly gave me a heart attack!"
He's underneath the window, she's singing, "Hey la, my boyfriend's back.
You shouldn't come around here singing up to people like that...
Anyway, what you gonna do about it?"
Juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
And I bet when you exploded into my heart
And I forget I forget the movie song.
When you gonna realize it was just that the time was wrong, Juliet?

...thanks.

Style Diary Of A Fashion Fanatic said...

Love this poem!!!
Hope you had a great week!! :-)
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

MadeByHind said...

Lovely! keep up
http://hind-toufga.blogspot.com/